Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our Thirty Day Challenge

Where do I even begin? I'm a mother of two beautiful, fun, and incredibly ornery kids. I'm a wife to one of the greatest men to possibly walk this earth (well, most of the time!). I work full time, I go to school full time, and I own my own jewelry business as a second job. I'm busy...and we're busy. My husband is also working full time, and going to school full time. As such, we've fallen in to a horrible pattern of dining out frequently, since we're either busy, tired, or just feel like being a little lazy.

Now, both of us are actually really good in the kitchen(I'm better at cooking, he's better at baking). As self professed foodies, we are normally not completely satisfied with the meals we get when dining out, yet we keep wasting our money on meals that leave us looking for, well...taste.  We have our local favorites, of course, but living in Small Town, KS does not give us much variety. 

We like to try new things, new flavors, and expose our kids to a myriad of taste, so that they are not afraid to try anything.  So far, it's worked fairly well for us.  Our kids will eat pretty much anything.  Our youngest son even likes a little spice to his food (considering we could burn our tastebuds off with haberno salsas, it makes our day.) 
We've made a pledge to one another to not dine out for thirty days (this includes lunches, yikes!). Groceries have been purchased, pantries have been filled, and recipe books and blogs have been scoured. We are ready to meet this challenge head on.

Along the way, I will post daily our pictures of our recipes, and if people actually read this and want them, the recipes themselves.

Let the cooking begin!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge, Kylie! It's going to save you so much money and be so much healthier for you. Can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greta! I'm hoping we have the determination to stick with it. It's actually been really fun so far! It will be good to see you tomorrow night! :)

      Delete