Sunday, May 6, 2012

Round 2

Holy Cow.  It has been three months since I've blogged.  Three. Stinking. Months.  Where has the time gone?  I mean, I know people say that all the time, but really?

First things first.  Confession time.  I stink at holding myself accountable.  I get on a bandwagon for a good three, four weeks at a time...and then I fall off the face of the earth.  Maybe it's commitment issues?  I'm not sure. Once I stopped writing, we slowly fell back into our old habits. You know things have gotten out of control when your husband asks you if it would be possible for you to cook something. Oops.  Finals, homework, kids, etc...it's not an excuse.  Everyone has a busy schedule, and I am certainly no exception to that rule.

The thing is, I really LOVE to cook...and not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty damn good at it, too.  I've mentioned it time and time again on here.  It's my therapy.  Some people shop, others drink...and I while I do enjoy  both of those things immensely as well, cooking is MY time.  I don't like to have others in the kitchen while I'm cooking.  It's a freaking chaotic mess.  I'm here, I'm there...and please don't be in my way, or I'll get irritated...and that's exactly what I'm trying to get over while I'm in there.

So, here we go.  Back to the basics.   I can say that I am more confident starting this time around, since finals are nearly over. I also am going to cut myself some slack.  If I don't post every single night? I know that you won't stop being the loyal readers that you are.  I hope you are as excited as I am to tackle this project again. Also, before too long, my garden will start producing...and things will get REAL exciting then.  (see?  total foodie nerd.)

Ok, so here's the game plan.  I have exactly three weeks and 2 days before I leave for New York.  During that time, I would like to cook as many meals as possible from home because; 1.) I want to save money to actually GO to NYC and 2.) I want to lose another 8-10 lbs before I go.  Once in NYC, all bets are off, as I will be enjoying every single last morsel of food and drop of wine.  Upon return, the blog is back up and running, but this time, it's not just about a thirty day challenge. 

This time around is also going to include my progression towards my first 5k.  I started training about a month ago...and it's been about two weeks since I've done anything toward that, too.  Geesh.  Issues, I tell you.  I want to do the Koman Race for the Cure race in August in KC.  Obviously, it an important cause to me (Love you Doobs)...but finally losing the rest of my weight also helps decrease the chance that I, too, could develop breast cancer.

So here goes.  Round 2.  Less Pressure.  A built in fan base and cheering club.  Are you ready for this?

Dinner tonight:  Marinated sirloin steak with blue cheese sauce,  Grilled sweet potato medallions (if you have never had sweet potatoes on the grill, go fire that bad boy up RIGHT. NOW.  I promise you that you will call me and thank me.), and frozen SteamFresh peas.  I even grilled the steaks and potatoes myself (I'm high fiving myself.  Seriously. Score 1 Kylie.) This meal was delicious.  My kids ate every single bite on their plates, including some of the sauce.
I should have taken a before picture of my refrigerator before Chris cleaned it out today, but it was insane...and now it's ready to go for our new and improved challenge.  I went to the grocery store, and stocked up on everything healthy.  We've got healthy snacks, sides, main courses.  It's going to be fantastic.  While it doesn't seem like three months ago, I do know that I felt SO much better when I was in charge of what was going in my family's mouth.  Physically, I felt better myself.  Processed food just makes you feel so lethargic and tired, and you fall into this vicious cycle of eating out because you're tired, when really...it's probably what is making you tired.  So, again...
Ready...Set...Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment