Monday, January 16, 2012

First Night Feels like Puerto Rico...

Or, at least, Pio Pio in NYC, which is one of my all-time favorite restaurants.  They have AMAZING Peruvian Chicken with an Aji Verde sauce, which we eat every single time we visit my sister there. 

So, wanting a dish that is 1200 miles away gives you two options:  buy a ticket to NYC, or learn to make it yourself.

I stumbled on this recipe close to a year ago, and I got if off the website SkinnyTaste.com, which is probably my all time favorite food blog.  She offers lots of wonderful recipes that she's altered to make them healthier, which is of course a plus.  I also made her cilantro lime rice to accompany the chicken and sauce, and made some canned pinto beans (I used Bush's) that I simmered for about half an hour on the stove top with a tablespoon of butter, garlic powder, pepper, and a little salt. 

The meal was delicious, if I say so myself...and with the leftovers, we've both got great lunches for tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment