Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh Holy Hamburgers

It's hump day!!  Hooray!!  Tomorrow is actually my Friday, since I will be gone all weekend at my regional rally (again, this blog was not timed incredibly well).  I'm going to try to talk Chris into posting what he makes for dinner the next couple of nights, but I don't hold out high hopes for that. 

Today I used my last free $2 snack card at my work's cafeteria, which means, starting tomorrow, I need to bring my own breakfast and make my own tea, too.  Geesh.  What in the world was I thinking?!?!  It's worth it....It's worth it....It's worth it....I'm going to keep repeating this like a mantra.

On to lunch today.  I had some frozen bean burritos that we made a couple of weeks ago, so I decided I would take one of them, when I suddenly had a brilliant idea.  I still had some of my leftover Peruvian chicken, cilantro and lime rice, and aji verde sauce.  Sounds like the makings for a great burrito, right?  It was fantastic!!  In fact, next time, I am going to make extra chicken and rice just so I can make some of these up and freeze them.


So, it was a nice, tasty, and very healthy lunch!!  Thank goodness it was healthy, because Chris decided he wanted hamburgers tonight, and that he was going to make dinner.  Oh my.  When we go out for burgers, Chris always like to get the ones that have everything but the kitchen sink on them, so since that's what he was craving, that's what he made...
Luckily (or unluckily?), he piled so much on this burger that we each only ate half.  There's a hamburger patty, three alarm cheese, ham, an egg, a slice of bacon, baby spinach (a veggie!!  saving grace, right??) chipotle mayo, and bun.  Yikes.  He also made some homemade sweet potato fries that he baked.  It was absolutely delicious...good thing tonight is workout video night!

No comments:

Post a Comment